Energy & Mines 8th World Congress (Virtual Toronto)
Source: Energy & Mines
Guide for the Video Panel
- Insight on the particular energy and decarbonization challenges mines are facing in the region
- What practical and strategic steps are mines taking to address these challenges?
- What lessons have been learned from renewable energy projects to date?
- How do mines in the region see the potential for further collaboration between mining and renewables?
- How will the energy profiles of mining operations change in the next few years?
- What would help regional mines meet energy demands and emissions’ reduction targets?
- Beyond powering operations, how are renewables expected to play a role in broader energy and sustainability goals – i.e. minerals processing, fleet decarbonization and electrification initiatives?
- What solutions are mines currently exploring to address fleet decarbonization goals – and how is this being integrated with energy plans?
- Julia Badeda: ABO WIND
- Alfredo Lamêgo Duarte: Global Supply Manager – Energy & Utilities. Anglo American (Brazil)
- Sebastian Rivas: Lead Energy & Water Management, Strategic Services – Minerals BHP (Chile)
- Marcos Cid – Manager Energy. Teck Chile
- Joane Freeze: President and CEO. Candente Copper Corp.